Trying to cut out high glycemic foods like rice? Try this quick & flavorful cauliflower rice. Full of fiber and plant-based protein from edamame, it is great as a stand-alone or as a side with your protein of choice.
1 package frozen cauliflower rice (1 lb)
Avocado oil 1 tbsp
1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper crushed to taste
1/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
Shelled, frozen edamame 6 oz
1. Heat stainless steel pan on low/medium heat.
2. Once pan warm, add the avocado oil.
3. Add onions and sautee until translucent.
4. Add red bell pepper, edamame and cauliflower rice. Cook covered, stirring occasionally until to desired consistency. It is best to not overcook as it will become mushy.
5. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt & black pepper.
6. Garnish with extra cilantro at the end.
Optional: Add slivered almonds, serve with lentils or beans of your choice and you have a complete plant-based meal!
Richa Mittal MD