For the quinoa:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa For the honey lemon vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper For the vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 2 ears corn, cut off the cob
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 medium Roma tomato, cored and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
For the quinoa:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the quinoa, and cook covered on medium-low heat until the broth is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, then return to the pan and fluff with a fork. Cover the quinoa and set aside.
For the Honey Lemon dressing:
Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
For the Vegetables:
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, zucchini and corn and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chopped tomato and sliced green onion.
In a large bowl combine the quinoa, vegetables and vinaigrette stirring to coat all the ingredients evenly. Add half of the feta cheese and stir to combine.
To serve, top with the remaining feta cheese, parsley and dill. Serve either warm or cold.