- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (any color), cored and diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari, coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 – 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- sriracha hot sauce, red pepper flakes or dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
Quinoa: Rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh sieve under cool running water. In medium sauce pan combine quinoa with 1 3/4 cups water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, simmer covered for 15 minutes. Once done, remove cover and let set for another 10 minutes to soak up the excess water. Fluff with a fork and set aside. (Or use this fail-proof Instant Pot Quinoa recipe)
Veggies: In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium high, add vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute or so. Add tamari, garlic powder and other seasonings to taste. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes stirring occasionally, use a lid if needed to help soften the vegetables a bit.
Combine: Add in quinoa to the veggie mixture, turn heat to high, cook another 3 – 5 minutes stirring constantly adding a drizzle of oil if mixture seems too dry.
Serve warm. Top with a little sriracha or tamari if you like.