|Dry kidney beans, soaked for 2-3 hours||2 cups|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 tablespoons|
½ large (Quick tip: mini food processor works great to chop these quickly!)
|Pomi crushed tomatoes||1 cup|
|Ginger, minced||2 inches (2 tablespoons)|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Cumin seeds||1 ½ tsp|
|Turmeric||1 ½ tsp|
|Ground coriander powder||2 tsp|
|Salt||3-4 tsp, depending on your taste|
- Heat instapot on SAUTE mode LOW
- Add olive oil and once warm, add cumin seeds & bay leaf.
- Let the cumin brown slightly, then add the onions & cover with a glass lid so you can see.
- Increase heat on SAUTE mode to NORMAL. Keep covered & stir frequently. Cook for about 15 mins, until onions turn translucent and slightly brown.
- Once brown, add the ginger and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Add the turmeric & ground coriander.
- Decrease heat on SAUTE mode to LOW again. Cover for 15 minutes, again stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add kidney beans (drained), then add 4 cups water and salt.
- Close Instapot lid, set to BEAN/CHILLI mode, allow natural release.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 122.5
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Potassium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g