Finally found the most amazing low carb noodles made by a Japanese company @kibunfoods. Made with konjac yam fiber and soybean flour, they have only 1 g net carbs per serving and 4g of fiber!
I couldn’t believe they tasted and felt like “real” wheat noodles that we are used to.
Recipe: Makes 2 servings
- 2 packets of Healthy Noodles by Kibun
- 3 cloves garlic whole, peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Broccoli, washed & cut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen or fresh haricot vert (French green beans)
- 2 tablespoons Organic soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Heat pan on medium
- Add the oil and heat for 1-2 mins
- Add garlic cloves and onion, turn heat down to low heat
- Cover for 5 minutes until onion is slightly translucent
- Add broccoli & green beans.
- Increase heat to medium low, cover and stir frequently.
- Once veggies slightly tender, add the noodles straight from the packets
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Add chili flakes to taste.
- Add the peanuts
- Fat 32 g (4.5g saturated)
- Cholesterol 0
- Carbohydrates 28.5 g
- Fiber 15 g
- *Net carbs only 13.5g
- Protein 14g
Enjoy this meal full of heart healthy mono-unsaturated fats, fiber (essential for that gut health) calcium, iron and potassium!