- Tofu- 14 oz, pressed & drained, then cubed
- Avocado oil- 2 tbsp
- Onion- 1 medium, chopped into large pieces
- Multicolored bell peppers- 2 large
- Ginger- 2 inches, peeled and cut into small matchsticks
- Serrano or jalapeno pepper- ½ -1 chopped depending on spice level preferred
- Vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)- 1 ½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1/8 tsp (add more if you like it hot!)
- Salt- to taste
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Prep tofu by pressing between 2 cutting boards while draining over sink. Cut into cubes and set aside
- Warm a stainless steel pan over low-medium heat.
- Once warm, add avocado oil and let heat for a minute.
- Add cumin seeds & once changing color, add the onions, ginger & serrano pepper
- Cook on low-medium heat while stirring for 1 minute.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder & stir. After 1 minute, add bell peppers.
- Cook uncovered while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, salt & vinegar.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add garam masala powder & optional garnish with chopped cilantro
TIP: This recipe can be easily doubled and kept on hand for the week in the refrigerator. Serve as a wrap, on its own, or over your favorite whole grain or cauliflower rice.