When looking for a quick & easy breakfast or snack, consider the powerful chia seed!
Chia pudding is an easy way to get the fiber, unsaturated fat and protein that will keep you full. This no-cook, slightly sweet version is a great option for people with diabetes, those looking to maintain a health weight and those looking for foods to improve gut health.
Mix & refrigerate. (MAKES 2 SERVINGS)
Nutrition per serving: 193 kcal 6g protein, 30g carbs, 8g fiber, 6g fat
· 2 tbsp, Chia seeds
· 1 dash, Dash of Ground Cinnamon
· 1 cup, Unsweetened Soy Milk
· 1 large, Apple (add when ready to eat)
· 1 tbsp, Maple Syrup
Optional: Slivered almonds for topping
1. Measure chia seeds & place in a glass bowl.
2. Add the milk of your choice. Soy milk added here for extra protein.
3. Add sweetener of your choice & cinnamon. Stir.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for atleast 2 hours.
5. Before serving, add diced apple, slivered almonds and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Makes 2 servings. Enjoy!