When looking for a quick & easy breakfast or snack, consider the powerful chia seed!
Chia pudding is an easy way to get the fiber, unsaturated fat and protein that will keep you full. This no-cook, slightly sweet version is a great option for people with diabetes, those looking to maintain a health weight and those looking for foods to improve gut health.
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup nut milk or coconut milk (unsweetened)
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
1/2 apple diced
Optional: Slivered almonds for topping
1. Measure chia seeds & place in a glass bowl.
2. Add the milk of your choice.
3. Add sweetener of your choice & cinnamon. Stir.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for atleast 2 hours.
5. Before serving, add diced apple, slivered almonds and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!