Riced cauliflower is a great alternative to regular rice and grains, especially if you are watching your waistline. Here is a simple, quick recipe that you can have on the table in 10-15 minutes. Serve with a side of protein of your choice and a salad, and you have a well-rounded meal.
In this version, I used Trader Joe’s frozen riced cauliflower, which I kept on hand for quick week day meal prep.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 bag frozen Organic Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower (12 oz)
1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- Heat pan on low heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil once pan is hot. Heat oil for one minute.
- Add minced garlic and mushrooms
- Cover and increase heat to low-medium.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dill weed at the end.
- This will result in an “al dente” consistency.
- If you prefer it cooked softer, you can cook covered for additional 5 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3.1g|
|Vitamin D 10mcg||50%|
Recipe analyzed by Verywell