Cauliflower is all the rage right now. But not everyone is a big fan.
This version is guaranteed to please the pickiest eater.
Packed with healthy turmeric and Vitamin C (anti-inflammatory) and a punch of potassium (helps lower blood pressure), it's a great option for a side dish or appetizer.
You could even use as a filler for a wrap or for vegetarian Indian-inspired tacos! The Indian spices in this recipe can be bought at your local Indian store or grocery store.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- Cauliflower- 1 medium head, broken into bite-size pieces
- Coconut milk- 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened shredded coconut dehydrated- 3/4 cup
- Almond meal flour Bob's Red Mill- 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt- 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper- to taste (1/4 tsp if you like a little heat)
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Place shredded coconut, almond meal and all the spices in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour coconut milk into another bowl.
- Prep a baking sheet with aluminum foil and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in coconut milk and then place in dry ingredient mixture to coat them.
- Space apart on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes
- At very end, place on broil for a few minutes, watching closely to only brown the cauliflower and not burn it.
Nutrition for 1 serving:
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Net Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4.8 g