- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces finely shredded cooked chicken
- 6 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt plus more for salting the noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups marinara I used Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a medium baking dish with avocado oil.
- To make the “noodles,” slice two sides of the zucchini lengthwise, creating flat sides. Use a vegetable peeler to slice each zucchini into flat strips.
- Lay the zucchini slices on paper towels. Liberally salt the surface and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes. Used paper towels to blot away the excess moisture.
- Make the filling by combining chicken, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until combined
- Lay two strips of zucchini noodles side by side, so that they overlap lengthwise. Do the same with two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips.
- Add about a tablespoon of filling to the center of the zucchini. Working one side at a time, bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center.
- Turn the ravioli over and place in a baking dish seam-side down.
- Pour sauce over ravioli and top with Gruyere cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.