- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 7 oz spinach 200g, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup dairy-free cream cheese or cashew cream, *see recipe notes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan feta cheese 150g, optional
- 3/4 cup dairy-free cheese 75g, grated, optional
Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Use a sharp knife to cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Then use a tablespoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Rub the insides of each squash half with a little bit of olive oil, then place them cut side down on a baking dish or sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time varies depending on the size of your squash. A small squash is done sooner (30 mins) than a large squash (60 mins).
- Once squash is done baking, set aside until it is cool enough to handle. Then fluff the interior with a fork to get a spaghetti-like texture.
- In a skillet or saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring, until fragrant. Then add the spinach and cook for a further minute until wilted. Drain any excess liquid as needed, then stir in the vegan cream cheese (or cashew cream*) to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stuffed Spaghetti Boats
- Add the spinach cream into each squash boat and stir to mix. Top with vegan feta and additional grated dairy-free cheese or vegan parmesan, if desired.
- Bake at 356°F (180°C) for 8-10 minutes, then turn your oven to broil and bake another 3-5 minutes or until hot, cheesy and slightly golden-brown on top.
- Serve immediately while hot with toasted pine nuts and fresh thyme on top!