- 1 medium head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garam masala
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more salt
- 1 Recipe my Tikka masala sauce , use 2/3 of the sauce recipe if using a small head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup (2.1 oz) non dairy cream such as cashew ( (blend 1/4 cup cashews with 1/4 cup water until smooth), soy, coconut (optional)
- If you havent yet, make my Tikka Masala Sauce. To a large bowl, Add the chopped cauliflower florets, drizzle oil and lemon juice and toss well to coat. In a small bowl mix all the spices and salt. Sprinkle the spices all over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread the florets on a parchment lined baking sheet or baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 C) for 25 mins.
- In a saucepan over medium heat or instant pot on saute mode, combine the tikka masala sauce and baked cauliflower. Add 1/4 cup of non dairy cream if needed. Mix well. Bring to a boil. At this point you can also add in a cup or more chickpeas for added protein. Cook for about 3-4 mins. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.
- Garnish with fenugreek leaves or cilantro. Sprinkle some smoked paprika or cayenne (really important for a smoky flavor). Take off heat. Then let the mixture sit for another few mins before serving. Serve with Naan, flatbreads or rice.