Plant-based 𝓔𝓪𝓼𝔂 Recipe for you fellow busy, on-the-go people!
This one is a great source of plant-based protein and fiber!
First, any 𝓫𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓯𝓲𝓽𝓼 to using sprouted beans/lentils/legumes?
🌱 Easier to digest as the seed is broken down.
🌱 Easier to absorb nutrients including iron, zinc, and vitamin C, magnesium and protein.
🌱 The sprouting process itself appears to increase the protein content as well as several minerals, especially potassium. (Source cited below).
Note: It is important to keep raw sprouted beans refrigerated as the moist environment can harbor bacteria. If they ever smell “off”, throw them out!
1. 1/2 cup sprouted mixed beans (purchased at local Indian store)
2. Super blend salad mix (From @walmart - can use greens of your choice)
3. Small sliver red onion, chopped
4. Handful cilantro, chopped
5. 1/2 avocado
6. 1/2 tomato
7. Lemon juice
8. Optional: Mint chutney powder ready-made spice blend. If not, use just the lemon juice & salt/pepper
Mix all ingredients in bowl. If preparing ahead of time, keep refrigerated and add avocado/lemon when ready to eat.
𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓲𝓹: Keep store-bought pico de Gallo on hand and use that instead of chopping stuff on your own! Then you are just throwing things into a bowl. 🤗
Butkutė, B.; Taujenis, L.; Norkevičienė, E. Small-Seeded Legumes as a Novel Food Source. Variation of Nutritional, Mineral and Phytochemical Profiles in the Chain: Raw Seeds-Sprouted Seeds-Microgreens. Molecules 2019, 24, 133.